CHECK YOUR STATUS:
– Go to our online license purchasing site.
– Log in using your DNR number or social security number and date of birth.
– Click on the ‘View Application Status’ button on the right hand side of the page.
– Your application status will show if you have been successful or unsuccessful in the drawing.
HUNTERS SUCCESSFUL IN THE DRAW
If you are successful in the draw, your hunting license, habitat fee and two deer tags will be mailed to the address you indicated on your application. If you were planning on hunting small game even if you were not drawn, you may have already received your hunting license and habitat fee in the mail. Please keep in mind that all of these items need to be on your person while hunting, so it is important that you put them away for safe keeping until this coming Fall.
HUNTERS UNSUCCESSFUL IN THE DRAW
If you are unsuccessful in the draw, you will receive a refund in the form of a check to the address you listed on your application. You will be refunded your application amount minus the application processing fees and the preference point fee. A preference point will automatically be put on your record for future applications. Your refund check will arrive to the address listed on your account by late August.
STILL WANT TO HUNT?
If you still want to come hunt and you were unsuccessful in the draw, you have a couple of upcoming options available to you. If you applied as a group, you might want to discuss these options with your group so you are prepared when these tags come available:
· July 27th at 6am: Any left over tags will be available online or by calling 1-800-367-1188. These tags are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Tags available will be listed on our website under Left Over Quota (http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/NonresidentHunting.aspx)and will be separated by zone. These left over combined licenses will include an any-sex and antlerless-only tag and will cost the same as your NR deer application. Purchasing an excess any-sex tag will zero out your preference points.
· July 27th at 6am: Antlerless-only tags will be available online or by calling 1-800-367-1188. These tags are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Tags available will be listed on our website under Left Over Quota (http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/NonresidentHunting.aspx) and will be separated by county. These tags are good for the Disabled season, Gun 1 or Gun 2 seasons only. Hunters may only purchase 1 antlerless-only tag. Tags will be available to customers who have not purchased any deer tags for the 2013 season. Purchasing an antlerless-only tag will NOT remove any preference points from your record.