Thank you for your interest in hunting in Iowa this year. We have put together the necessary information that you will need as you prepare for your 2020 Iowa whitetail hunt.
The application period for non-residents is in May. You can apply by calling 1-800-367-1188 or here is the Iowa DNR deer application website. IOWA DNR WEBSITE APPLICATION PAGE (Non-residents must apply for a deer license beginning 6 a.m. on the first Saturday in May through the first Sunday following Memorial Day.) You can also apply for a $50 non-refundable preference point which will give you a better chance of drawing a tag next year.
Hunter Education Requirements – Nonresident hunters born after Jan 1, 1972 must provide proof of having successfully completed a hunter education course to apply for or obtain a deer hunting license.
AGR Hunting Services is a professionally run prime Iowa whitetail experience. All whitetail hunts are conducted in Iowa DNR Zone 5-prime farmland from tree stands and ground blinds. Guided hunts include meal and lodging in a spacious six bedroom/three full bath home.
AGR Hunting Services conducts one session during week 1 and two sessions during week 2. Archery season starts in October and may be semi-guided. Late muzzle loader begins in late December and runs through January.
|| Early split
Iowa fees are approximately $550
AGR booking fees are
- Archery – Five to Seven day hunt (semi-guided) $2,500 to $3,000
- Gun – Four or Five day hunt $3,500
- Turkey hunts (zone 4) call for pricing
prices subject to change
- $500 deposit will guarantee your spot
- deposit may be applied to future application if you do not draw
- hunters 16 years old and younger are half price with fully paid adult
- Balance due November 1st
- Booking is done on a first come/first serve basis
- Includes lodging and meals
- Private farm land hunting
- Hunting is done from tree stands and ground blinds
- Airport transportation is available for an additional fee